Become a Foster Parent
At the very beginning of the process, you will be connected to a foster care recruiter, who will help you with all the forms and answer all your questions. When you get started, it can seem a little overwhelming, but our recruiter has a lot of experience and will be there for you every step of the way.
Who is Eligible?
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Can be single, married, or cohabitating.
- Can have children or not have children.
- Must have a steady source of income.
- Wesley Family Services foster families are diverse in their household composition, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and geographic location.
- Your home must pass an on-site safety check.
Application and Screening Process
Fill Out Application and Submit Forms
- Submit a completed application (you can download the application here)
- Medical appraisal by licensed physician
- Foster parents and household members older than 18 need security clearances and Act 160 disclosure statements.
Complete Pre-Service Training
- Complete pre-services classes (download the preservice training calendar)
- Complete First Aid and CPR classes
- Complete mandated reporter training
- Policy and procedure review
- The profile is used to find the child or children who is the best match for your family. We’ll have an in-person visit and talk about:
- Family history
- Work history
- Relationship history
- Life style
- Parenting philosophy
- Community resources
- You will have a chance to read, review, and approve the profile before it is submitted.
Want More Information?
If you’d like more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.See FAQs
You're only a click away.Learn more