Become a Foster Parent
At the very beginning of the process, you will be connected to a foster care recruiter, who will help you with all the forms and answer all your questions. When you get started, it can seem a little overwhelming, but our recruiter has a lot of experience and will be there for you every step of the way.
Who is Eligible?
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Can be single, married, or cohabitating.
- Can have children or not have children.
- Must have a steady source of income.
- Wesley Family Services foster families are diverse in their household composition, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and geographic location.
- Your home must pass an on-site safety check.
Application and Screening Process
Fill Out Application and Submit Forms
- Submit a completed application (you can download the application here)
- Medical appraisal by licensed physician
- Foster parents and household members older than 18 need security clearances and Act 160 disclosure statements.
Complete Pre-Service Training
- Complete pre-services classes (download the preservice training calendar)
- Complete First Aid and CPR classes
- Complete mandated reporter training
- Policy and procedure review
- The profile is used to find the child or children who is the best match for your family. We’ll have an in-person visit and talk about:
- Family history
- Work history
- Relationship history
- Life style
- Parenting philosophy
- Community resources
- You will have a chance to read, review, and approve the profile before it is submitted.
Want More Information?
If you’d like more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.See FAQs
Let's Get Started!
You're only a click away.Learn more