What is Foster Care?
Foster care is a way of providing a family life for children who cannot live with their own parents. All over the world, and right here in Western Pennsylvania, foster families open their hearts to children in need, and share their family life with them.
Foster Parents Help Children Bridge To…
- A reunion with their birth parents or relatives;
- A placement with families or loved ones (kinship);
- An adoptive family;
- A legal custodian;
- or Successful independent living.
Here’s what kids say: Foster Parents Should…”
What Does A Foster Parent Do?
- Provides a safe, nurturing home environment with appropriate supervision.
- Provides basic needs, supervision, and safety
- Acts in parental role
- Advocates for the child´s needs
- Takes an active role in school, medical, and other appointments
- Becomes a cheerleader and advocate
- Acts as a mentor
- Teaches basic life skills
- Serves as an active member of the treatment team
- Supports family connections
- Joins and participates in the Resource Parent Association
Let's Get Started!
You're only a click away.Learn more